The applicant must have:
a Ph.D. in computer Science,
- a strong research background in
data mining/big data or
- demonstrated the ability to publish papers in good conferences or journals in the field of data mining or artificial intelligence,
- have an interest in the development of data mining algorithms and its applications,
- can come from
any country (but if the applicant is Chinese, s/he should hold a Ph.D. from a 211 or 985 university).
The successful applicant will:
- work on a data mining project related to sequences, time series and spatial data, with both a theoretical part and an applied part related to industrial design (the exact topic will be open for discussion to take advantage of the applicant strengths),
- join an excellent research team led by Prof. Philippe Fournier-Viger, the founder of the popular SPMF data mining library, and have the opportunity to collaborate with researchers from other fields,
- will have the opportunity to work in a laboratory equipped with state of the art equipment (e.g. brand new powerful workstations, a cluster to carry big data research, virtual reality equipment, body sensors, and much more).
- will be hired for
up to 2 years, at a salary of: 51,600 RMB / year (from the university) + 120,000 RMB / year (from the city of Shenzhen) = 171,600 RMB / year. Moreover, an apartment can be rent at a very low price through the university.
- work in
one of the
top 50 universities in the field of computer science in the world, and one of the top 10 university in China.
- work in
Shenzhen, one of the fastest-growing city in the south of China, with low pollution and warm weather all year.
If you are interested by this position, please apply as soon as possible by sending your detailed CV (including a list of publications and references), and a cover letter to: